I didn’t really watch it when it came out, because I didn’t really like it. I’ve recently forced myself to give it another shot. It is by far my least favorite Star Trek, but in some ways it’s alright. I think it could have been good, but here are my issues with it:
- THEME SONG
- I didn’t like the way the Vulcans were portrayed as evil throughout the whole series.
- TOO MUCH TIME TRAVEL - when you really think about time travel ideas, there are always issues that don’t make sense. By using it so much, and so early on, I think they really fucked up. We didn’t care about the characters enough yet to look past the flaws of it, and yes there were tons of flaws that didn’t make sense.
- technological anachronisms - may be a nerdy thing to be frustrated at, but it is REALLY FRUSTRATING
- Archer can often be a really shitty captain, the whole crew often makes things WAY more difficult then they need to be.
- Some throwbacks to others series are ok, but way overdone, especially in early episodes, the one I did like was the mirror universe/defiant
- gratuitous sexuality
- Jeffrey Combs
- grease-down room
- T-pol leaning her boobs over everyone